Friday 21 March 2014

A Little Bit 'Supernatural'

Hi everyone! Hope you're alright?

I realised the other day that I'd completely forgotten to show you the Christmas present I made for my sister.

Now, we're both a weeny bit obsessed quite like a programme called Supernatural, my favourite character is called Dean played by the gorgeous Jensen Ackles and my sister's favourite character is Cas (pronounced 'Cass' not 'Caz'!) played by the equally gorgeous Misha Collins so I decided I'd make her a mini Cas doll for Chrimble.

I'd never made anything like this before so it took a while to figure out how I was going to make both Cas and then his clothes but I think I managed to pull it off quite well.
On the plus side, it did mean that I got to stare at this lovely man for quite a while to figure it all out!

From: http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=File:Castiel.jpg
And here's the little guy himself!

Isn't he so cute! I'm so pleased with the way he came out and I didn't think his hair was too far off.

I decided to leave out his suit jacket this time as I didn't know if the trench coat would go on over the top.

showing off his coat tie and collar...

...his cute little tie...

...he even has little cuff buttons!

I didn't think to sew his hair down all the way round before sewing him together and turning him inside out so it ended up a bit ruffled and sticks out at the back.

I did really enjoy making him so I'll definitely be doing others like this but I think, as this wasn't as horribly boring or time consuming as I thought, I'll be including more little details next time.


Hope you like him!

Erica

=)

2 comments:

  1. This. Is. AWESOME! The most awesome thing I have seen all week, as a matter of fact.

    I'm with you on the Dean thing, by the way, although the car is a close second :-D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thanks Sammy! =D I'm so pleased with how he came out, he's so adorable!

      Glad we agree on Dean! =D You can't have Cas without having Dean so I'm sure I'll be making him at some point, and then you can't have Dean without Sam so I'm sure he'll come along too!

      =)

      Delete